Thursday, December 29, 2011

More fun with Gram and Gramps

Kiara, Mckenna, Gramps, and I went to the movie Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.  We went into the mall at 12:15 on a beautiful sunny day.  When we left at 3:30 there was more than an inch of snow on the ground and it was snowing so hard.  It was awesome coming out of the theater to a blizzard!!  We came home, changed into our snow gear and went outside to play. 

Our snowman family!!

We enjoyed a great lunch at Five Guys!


Kiara and Gram.

Gramps, Mckenna, and Ava.

We played games with the kids (lots of games), went shopping, read books, played on the IPad, watched shows, made A LOT of snow cones, and laughed a ton!  At night the adults played train and laughed a lot as well :)! 



For Christmas Gram and Gramps got Kiara and Mckenna an easel that they really wanted.  It was used as a scoreboard as well as a place to draw for the first two days.  The last 2 days that Gram and Gramps were here, it was used for a message board between Kiara and Gram.  I didn't know this was going on until they were leaving but have learned that there was at least 20 messages passed between the two of them during this time.  Kiara's final message to Gram and Gramps read: 
I love Gram and Gramps.  I wish you could sta.  Good by Gram and Gramps. 
I relly wish you could sta.  I love you so much.
Above is a picture of Grams final message.  Kiara didn't see it until we got home from the airport and has not wanted to erase it since. 




1 comment:

  1. The chalk board messages were so much fun. I loved it when Kiara's extended over to the white board! New message: I miss you. I miss the snow. I miss the snow cones! I miss cowgirl Mckeena and her horse. I miss Ava and her balls that grandma and grandpa gave her.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete