Monday, May 16, 2011

Sorry....

for the lack of posts.  I will make up for it in the next couple of days because I have a lot of fun things to share! 

GIRLS WEEKEND!!!   For years Aunt Chris, my mom, Jen, Sarah, and I have been having girls weekends.  We traveled to Arizona, Portland, LA, Chicago, Vegas, Bainbridge, Seattle, and Cleveland.  In between these very fun weekends we have gotten together to watch shows.  The favorite of the group is The Bachelor but when that was not on we still would get together and watch Idol or Dancing.   Kiara and Mckenna tagged along for girls nights when we were in Seattle and because of this, they have been counting down the days for a fun girls weekend.  It was a slightly different trip than those of the past considering we had 3 small children with us, but there was still just as much laughter and just as much fun!

Kiara and Mckenna loved hanging out with Jen and Sarah. 

Here are a couple of excited girls waiting at the airport for Sarah to arrive!

Soccer Saturday!  Kiara and Mckenna loved having a large (and loud) cheering section!  They were pretty excited to show off their skills.  Mckenna scored 6 goals and Kiara had 3.  It turned out to be a pretty decent day but it was very, very muddy.  I might owe Jen and Sarah some new shoes!

Look at this group!

For a long time Kiara has wanted to go to this store where you can make lotion, soap, or lip gloss.  We kept saying that we will do it girls weekend.  Well, we did it!  Kiara made lotion and Mckenna made soap.  We had 2 very happy girls.

I love this picture!  I don't remember why but they were pretending to be sleeping.  Mckenna's face is the best!

Tom watched our girls so that we could all go out for a drink and dinner.  It was so much fun!  We went to 2 places that I had never been and they were both great! 
Sarah is getting married in April and she asked Mckenna to be the flower girl.  How sweet is this picture :)!

Aunt Chris, Jen, and Sarah are such important people in my life and I am so lucky that they are such an important part of my kids life as well.  Next up for this crew will be Sarah's wedding in Cali.  As for the next girls trip......... how does New York sound ladies?????

1 comment:

  1. These are such great pics. And such great memories - what a fun weekend. Can't even pick a favorite part - I loved every minute. Deborah, Tom, Kiara, and Mckenna - you are fabulous hosts. Thank you!! I LOVE the idea of New York!

    ReplyDelete