Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kiara's 1st T-Ball Practice...

Today was Kiara's 1st T-Ball practice and in turn Deborah and my first baseball related sporting event for our kids.  All of the other girls had brand new state of the art gloves from Dick's sporting goods.  We trotted Kiara out there with a glove that has been passed down thru 3 Headlee brothers...Rob told me there is a John Olerud autograph on this glove, and he was right!  A family heirloom and autographed by a Coug, perfect!  After practice I asked her if she wanted a new glove like the other girls and her response was "No, I like I can put my finger through the top on this glove."  That's my girl!


We have not done a lot of practicing, but she looks like a natural to me, knees bent, nose over the ball, she didn't miss one grounder.


We had practiced a little yesterday on hitting.  Her coach got a little in depth with his hitting instructions.  All good advice, but my 6 year old wasn't ready for talk about hand placement and rotating hips.  My advice yesterday was: swing as hard as you can and watch the ball!  Today she got to hit a number of balls off the T and did fantastic. 

Baseball can get a bit boring and long at times, the coach did a fantastic job of splitting the team up into 3 stations: hitting, ground balls, and throwing.  The fields still had standing water on them so that is why practice was in the parking lot...might as well have been in Seattle!

I loved watching Kiara play Baseball, jury is still out if she really liked it, but I think she did!  Her favorite part when I asked was "I liked playing the game."  She knew exactly how to run to 1st base after she hit it, then to 2nd, 3rd, and then scored a run in their 1 inning game that recorded zero official outs :)  Baseball has started, summer is here!

1 comment: