Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bainbridge Island


It feels very odd to not be on Bainbridge this weekend.   I know that I have not spent every Memorial Day weekend on Bainbridge but I don't specifically remember spending this weekend anywhere else.  My memories of times on Bainbridge go back many, many years.  I have spent the past couple of days with Bainbridge memories in my head.  Not of those in my childhood, but those from the past 6 years. 

Kiara, Ben, and Mason running through the secret path, buiding Scuba Landing, water balloons, Kiara building with Mason, painting, walks to the beach, digging for worms, Ryan hitting golf balls, walks to Walts, fires at night, looking for crabs on the beach, a new deck, Gabe playing in the sandbox, the Headlees coming, baby pools, Ben and Kiara on the John Deere, Mckenna and Ryan on the John Deere, Gramps painting his Grandkids names on the roof of the patio, picking blackberries, the big kids strolling Emily around, and sports.  Lots and lots of sports.  I can close my eyes and picture every kid running on the field; Mason, Kiara, Ben, Gabe, Mckenna, Ryan, and Emily.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah, Tom, and girls - we miss you soooo much tonight - and this weekend. I hope we can spend a night on Bainbridge this summer!!!! We love you all.
    gram and gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you guys as well. Especially on your birthdays.
    Much love,
    Carin

    ReplyDelete