Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kiara's 8th Birthday

Kiara's birthday was on a Sunday and it was going to be a very busy Sunday so Tom and I decided to have a surprise family party for her on Friday night.   Tom took her to soccer practice and Mckenna and I (and Ava) decorated the house.

 
 
Tom ran in from the car to join us and when she walked in the house we yelled "SURPRISE!!" 
 
She was surprised and very happy!
 
Ice Cream Cake
This party happened after 8, so Ava was in bed.
 
Present time!
This was an exciting one for Kiara and Daddy.
 
Her reactions were awesome.  She was so excited about everything, it took me back to her opening her stocking presents when she was 2 years old and screaming every time she saw what she got!
 
My big 8 year old.  It is difficult for me to lift her and she doesn't want me to hold her hand in public but she is still my baby and I tell her that as often as I can sneak it into the conversation.
 


For Kiara's birthday party we decided to invite 2 of her closest friends to go to Swings-N-Things and play.  We left Ava with the babysitters and headed out to play putt putt, ride in go-carts, do the bumper boats, and play in the arcade.

Kayla, Kyie, and Kiara
 
Go-Carts (they actually went pretty fast)
 
The putt-putt crew
 
Kayla and Mckenna in the bumper boats.
Mckenna had to ride with someone and these two had a lot of fun together
 
Happy 8th Birthday Kiara Clare!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday is right. Love you Kiara.

    Thanks again for the awesome posts Deborah.

    Go Browns.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cannot believe she is 8 years old. This is a great post - you make everything fun, Debs!!
    Love you all - wish we could have been there
    Gram and Gramps

    ReplyDelete