Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back to Ohio after a month on the road

Seattle, Seaside, Bainbridge, and Vancouver Island were amazing (pics to come).  There is so much planning and anticipation leading up to the trip and then before we know it we are back on our own couch in Ohio.  Walking into our house on Wednesday night was a great feeling.  Our house, our toys, our food, our schedule.  Those familiar and welcoming things were quickly not important on Thursday morning.  Thursday was a difficult day for all of us.  What a transition.  We went from family, chaos, laughter, playing, and being surrounded by so many people that love us and that we love to just the five of us in Ohio.  After Kiara walked around our house in circles for about an hour, she settled down and drew this picture.  Brings tears to my eyes to think about how she is trying to process her feelings. 
I found the picture that night when I was picking up and knew exactly what she had drawn.
This is a picture of the place that Kiara, Mckenna, Mason, Gabe, and Ryan went for walks with Gram and Gramps every morning on Vancouver Island.
On Friday morning I woke to Mckenna bouncing into our room shouting "good morning!!!"  quickly followed by a very happy (and fever free) Ava.  Kiara came into our room about 45 minutes later and said with a huge smile "I just finished my book!"  Whew - bad Thursday gone and a happy family once again.  We have been swimming in our pool a ton and made it back just in time to go to the Strongsville Homecoming Carnival!

The girls waiting for a ride

I realize I always take pictures of the Tom and the girls on the Carousel - I can't help it :)!

Love these girls and their happy smiles!



1 comment:

  1. I love this! Kiara, your picture is just amazing. Those walks were our best memory of camp. I need a print of that - please? So nice to read that it was good for you to get home. What a great vacation for all of us. We feel lonely here too!!
    Love you lots.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete