Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mckenna Kay

I love Mckenna's hair.  It is beautiful and fun, just like her.  Here is a progression of Mckenna's hair over the past 4 years......







This picture was taken on Sunday when we went to visit the Easter Bunny at the mall.

Mckenna's hair is beautiful.  I know that she will be self concious of her hair for the next hmmmmmm.... long time.  But we will continue to tell her what she will eventually realize for herself, that her hair is AWESOME!!  So, onto the next picture......   Mckenna asks to have her hair straight (like Kiara's) about once a week.  She sees Kiara get her hair blow dried (every few weeks) and asks if she can have hers blow dried as well.  Every once in a while I dry it for a minute on the low setting but can't do it much longer than that.  Last night she had a shower.  Kiara was playing and Ava was sleeping so I asked Mckenna if she wanted me to blow dry her hair.  She was SO EXCITED!  So I dried her hair.  When I was done, I asked if she would like it straight, and once again she was so excited.  Are you all ready??  Drum roll please :)



















Tom walked in the door and couldn't believe it.  She was so cute.  She kept touching her hair, tossing it to the side, and brushing it (which she never has a chance to do).  The best part of this story is that on the way to preschool this morning I realized that Mckenna had school pictures - whoops.  I had fun doing this with Mckenna and took pictures at home but definitely did not intend for her hair to be straight for her preschool picture.  Not to worry, Ms. Dianne made a special exception for Mckenna to have her picture taken on Thursday.  So back to curly we will go tomorrow and I know this will be fun for her as well.  Mckenna is beautiful in every way and I love her so much!!  I still can't get over how long her hair is :)!

4 comments:

  1. We CANNOT believe this. When we first scrolled down, we both said - Kiara! Also can't believe how long Mckenna's hair is! We can just imagine how proud she was!
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...she looks just like Kiara with straight hair - who would have known? Super cute. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete