Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Doodle Bugs

Ava and I are taking a class together on Friday's called Doodle Bugs.  The class is at the Rec, so I have been able to work out first and then grab her at the day care to go to class.  When Mckenna took classes at the rec (sporties for shorties, young chefs, and more) she had the same teacher and she is so great!  Every class the kids start by singing songs and reading a book.  Then the kids move to the tables to make some sort of project.

Week 1 - Snowman
*did you know you can mix shaving cream and glue and it make this foamy mixture and when it dries it not only looks cool but is soft and puffy.  I didn't :)
 
Week 2 - Sports
The boys made a pennant and the girls made a cheer leading megaphone.  I was not too happy with the split up of the class (tom got a nice text from me :)) but the megaphone did turn out really cute!
 
After the kids do their project there are activities set up all over the room.  The activities go with the theme for the week and include puzzles, games, taking turns, and group activities.  Ava and I have been having a lot of fun!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment