Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gram

Tom had a trip to Indy for the Combine and Gram was nice enough to plan a visit during that time to keep the girls and I company.  We had an awesome week.  The trip break down was perfect; a few nights with Tom, a night away for Tom and I, and then 4 nights with just the girls while Tom was at the Combine.  Ava warmed right up to Gram and called her "Daam."  I don't think she has ever been called Dam before - ha.  Kiara and Mckenna love special time with Gram doing art, reading books, cuddling, shopping, watching shows, making fun desserts, and giving special kisses at night.

Art time!

Mckenna and Gram snuggling before bed.

Tom and I don't get very many nights away these days and so when we have an opportunity we jump on it!!  We went downtown, went out to dinner, went bowling, and had drinks.  It was fabulous!

Tom is such a natural :)



I know the scores are not exciting for anyone to look at but thought someday Tom and I would think it was funny to look back and see how bad we were at bowling :)
GAME 1

GAME 2

GAME 3


Gram took Kiara out for a special shopping trip and boy did Kiara have fun.  She came home the happiest I have seen her in a very long time!  Here is the favorite outfit that she got with Gram.  I probably would not have gotten this shirt for her.  Gram got it and SHE LOVES IT, wears it all the time, and it looks very cute on her :)!  One of the reasons that these special times are really important - for all of us :)!
Kiara being a Rock Star!

Five Guys is a tradition for us before Gram leaves.  Kiara had a really, really hard time saying goodbye to Gram so we surprised her and picked her up from school so that she could go to lunch with us.  The tears still flowed by all three girls after dropping Gram off (Ava was just crying because her sisters were - it was hilarious) but I am so glad that we surprised Kiara, it was a great way to end the trip! 

Every night before bed I say to Ava "When you wake up mama is going to be here."  Ava says "OK" We repeat the same for Daddy and then she looks at me and says "Daam?"  I laugh and say "No, we had to say bye-bye to Gram" Ava looks at me and smiles and says "Bye- Bye Daam!"  We have done this since she has left and it has now been weeks.  I guess that shows how much Ava loved Gram being here!  We all did!

1 comment:

  1. I am so lucky. I love every minute I spend in Cleveland, and this trip was so special. I got time with each of the girls, including lunch and a movie with you Debs. And I got to see more of Tom than usual, and to see what a great dad and husband he is in action! Best trip ever for this Daam. Thank you so much for everything. Just love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete