Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kindergarten here we come

We have felt very lucky with Mckenna's preschool for the past 2 years.  Her teacher, Ms. Diane, was wonderful in every way.  She enjoyed her school and met some great friends.  On graduation day, her class put on a performance for families to enjoy.  The performance was supposed to be a surprise and Ms. Diane must have drilled that into the heads of these kids because here is what Mckenna said about 2 weeks before the performance.  "Mom, I have a big secret.  I will tell you BUT whatever you do, DO NOT tell Ms. Diane.  OK?  Promise?  I can tell you but you cannot tell Ms.  Diane!"  "We are going to sing the shape song at our performance!"  Every day for a week she went through the whole *do not tell Ms. Diane* deal, and proceeded to tell me everything about that performance!  I hope the needing to tell her Mom and Dad secrets continues :). 

The Theme was Sports Day.  Here is the stage all set up.
The kids marched in singing - Take me Out to the Ball Game.
Playing the fly swatter (guitar)!

Ms. Diane and Mckenna
After the performance, we went to Mckenna's classroom for an Ice Cream Party.
Ava having some ice cream and showing her belly!

Mckenna's Friends! 

We had an end of the year party at our house with Mckenna's two closest friends.  Lauren and Chloe have been in Mckenna's class for 2 years.  We spent a lot of time together at parks, the mall, McDonald's, and our house. The bonus was I loved their moms as well.  I know we will keep in touch with these girls but I do hope Mckenna finds some girl friends who are just as sweet in Kindergarten (and I hope for my sake their moms are great too :)!


Mckenna will be in half day Kindergarten next year and we will find out in August if it is morning or afternoon.  She knows all of her letters and numbers and is starting to put letters together to form words.  It is hard to believe that my little cuddler will be in school 5 days a week!  Way to go Mckenna!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi;

    Just a shout out to tell you something you probably already know, but I love The Headlee Couch posts. I always smile and reread them for days at a time and keep smiling. Thanks.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we all got to be at Kiara's end of the year preschool party - in Woodinville - so sad to not be there with you for MC. BUT - you have given me a great picture of how it went and I love this post! Thank you for sharing - makes me feel like part of your lives!! Love you all so much!! Gram

    ReplyDelete